Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"I Want You For Christmas" by Cheap Trick

Legendary power pop band Cheap Trick has reworked their classic "I Want You to Want Me" as a holiday tune, "I Want You For Christmas." The song's video debuted on VH1 Classic as part of the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the charity album A Very Special Christmas. It also appears on the album A Very Special Christmas 25th Anniversary. The video can be viewed at VH1, at VEVO's website and on VEVO's YouTube channel.

Having been a fan of Cheap Trick nearly as long as I have been alive, I can assuage any doubts anyone might have that the band may have watered down the classic "I Want You to Want Me." The song's power chords are in tact and its new lyrics fit the song perfectly. In fact, "I Want You for Christmas" may be my favourite version of the song. Anyhow, without further ado, here is ""I Want You For Christmas."

No comments: