Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Stop CISPA

I do not like to get political in this blog. After all, A Shroud of Thought is dedicated to pop culture, not politics, and I refuse to compromise it by promoting my own political views. That having been said, the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (more commonly called CISPA) is a bill that would impact all Americans and everything an American has on the Internet, including myself and this blog. The supposed aim of the bill is a noble one--to make it easier for the U. S. government to investigate cyberthreats. Unfortunately the language of the bill is so vague and so poorly written that it actually presents significant danger to the privacy of every American who uses the Internet. I am then suggesting that any American who values their online privacy to contact his or her representative and let them know to vote "No" on CISPA. 



For more information on CISPA, visit the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

No comments: