Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Harry Styles to Guest Star on Sherlock



Harry Styles of One Direction is set to make his acting debut in the next series of Sherlock. The popular young singer will play a forensics expert at Scotland Yard who assists Sherlock and Watson on an important case.

Mark Gatiss, executive producer and co-creator of the show with Steven Moffat, said of Harry Styles's upcoming guest appearance, "Studies conducted by the BBC have shown that Sherlock appeals primarily to people over thirty. We are hoping that Harry's guest appearance will pull in a slightly younger demographic for the programme."

Steven Moffat, executive producer and co-creator of the show with Mark Gatiss, commented, "I am so happy that Harry Styles is guest starring on Sherlock. I am a huge One Direction fan. I'm hoping we can get him to sing in the episode as well!"

Harry Styles, who is currently on tour with One Direction in South Africa, said of his appearance on Sherlock, " I had never even heard of Sherlock until Steven Moffat contacted me. It's no wonder. I checked and it's only on three times every three or four years! I really feel sorry for Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. I hope that my guest appearance will help boost both of their careers!"

A standalone special of Sherlock is set to air around Christmas this year. No date yet has been set for the fourth series of the programme.

And if you believed any of this (except for that very last line) do keep in mind what day it is....April Fools!

No comments: