Wednesday, October 21, 2015

My Back to the Future Day Experience....

As I am sure all of you know if you have been paying attention to the media anyway, in the movie Back to the Future, Part II Marty McFly travelled from 1985 to 2015 to save his as of yet unborn children. The day that Marty arrived just happened to be today, October 21 2015. Well, it turns out he did....

This morning, about 8:00 AM, I heard this horrible noise outside and I looked out to see this Delorean pulling up in our drive. I went outside and looked to see burning tyre tracks all the way down the street and leading up to the car. This young guy who looked like a young Michael J. Fox then got out of the Delorean and said, "Is this October 21, 2015?" I stared at him and nodded my head slowly, "Yeah, it is." I then looked askance at him and said, "Okay, who put you up to this?"

Once we established that this wasn't an elaborate practical joke, I had to explain to young Michael J. Fox Marty McFly that he, Doc, Biff, and so on were only movie characters in this universe. I also had to explain to him that here in 2015 there were no flying cars, no hoverboards, and no home energy reactors. Furthermore, I had to explain to him that he was about 1700 miles away from Hill Valley, California, as well as about ten hours early (he was supposed to arrive in Hill Valley on October 21 2015 at 4:29 PM PDT). We figured out that he had not only travelled through time, but had somehow crossed through universes. Fortunately, Marty was a regular reader of DC Comics, so he had no problem understanding the concept of alternate realities. After calling the "Doc Brown" of our reality (who looks a lot like Christopher Lloyd) on my mobile phone, we were able to get Marty back to the October 21 2015 of his reality. .. All of this before I even had my coffee...

And if you believe any of this, I have a bridge in Brooklyn, New York I'd like to sell you....

No comments: