Saturday, June 11, 2016

Announcing the Margaret Lockwood Centennial Blogathon

Legendary British actress Margaret Lockwood was born on September 15 1916. This September will then mark the 100th anniversary of her birth. It is for that reason that I have decided to hold the Margaret Lockwood Centennial Blogathon.

1. Posts can be on any topic related to Margaret Lockwood. One can write about one of her films, her career on stage, her television shows, or anything else related to Miss Lockwood one might wish to write about.

2. While Margaret Lockwood made several films, the sad fact is that many of them are not widely available, not even in the United Kingdom. I am then allowing duplicates. That having been said, I do not want to see every other post addressing The Lady Vanishes (1938) or The Wicked Lady (1945). While I love both films (in fact, they are my favourite films she ever made) and they are her most famous, she did make more films than those two!

3. I am not going to schedule days. I only ask that posts made on September 13, 14, or 15.

If you want to participate in the Margaret Lockwood Centennial Blogathon,  you can simply comment below or get a hold of me on Twitter at mercurie80, Google+, or at my email:  mercurie80 at gmail.com.

The Stop Button: Give Us the Moon (1944)

Caftan Woman: The Stars Look Down (1940)

The Wonderful World of Cinema: "Tribute to Margaret Lockwood"

Once Upon a Screen: The Lady Vanishes  (1938)

Crítica Retrô: Give Us the Moon (1944)

Wolffian Classic Movies Digest: The Man in Grey (1943) and The Wicked Lady (1945)

Realweegiemidget Reviews Movies, TV, Books, and More: The Slipper and the Rose (1976)

Cinema Cities: The Lady Vanishes (1938) and Night Train to Munich (1940)

The Owl Wagon: Love Story (1944)

Charters and Caldicott--"I Say Old Man!": Margaret Lockwood

Old Hollywood Films: Bedelia (1946)

In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood: Bedelia (1946)

Below is a roster of participants and the topics they are covering. Come September 13 I will make a post that will include all of the posts in the blogathon.

Below are a few banners for participants in the blogathon to use (or you can always make your own):











27 comments:

Andrew Wickliffe said...

Hey Terry,

Awesome!

how about GIVE US THE MOON for The Stop Button?

Caftan Woman said...

I'd like "Cast a Dark Shadow", please.

Virginie Pronovost said...

OMG so glad you're hosting this Terence!!!! I'd like to write a personal tribute to Margaret. :)

I'm at The Wonderful World of Cinema
https://thewonderfulworldofcinema.wordpress.com

Citizen Screen said...

Fabulous idea, Terry! If not already spoken for I'll take THE LADY VANISHES.

Aurora
Once Upon a Screen

said...

Wonderful! I want to write about Give Us the Moon as well.
Cheers!
Le

jadedartemiz said...

I would love review Margaret Lockwood's two Gainsborough melodramas which is
The Man in Grey and The Wicked Lady with a small tribute to her. My blog is
Wolffian Classic Movies Digest(https://wolffianclassicmoviesdigest.wordpress.com/)Thanks so much for hosting this lovely event hopes to join the fun

Terence Towles Canote said...

Aurora, Le, and Jey, I got you added!

Realweegiemidget Reviews said...

Can I do "The Slipper and the Rose"?
https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/

Terence Towles Canote said...

I have you down for The Slipper and the Rose, Gill!

Realweegiemidget Reviews said...

Thanks would like to invite you and anyone else who is interested to my Darlin' Dallasers blogathon, you don't need to have seen the series, https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/2016/05/11/announcing-the-darlin-dallasers-blogathon/

Unknown said...

Since I can't have The Lady Vanishes, I will contribute about Night Train To Munich.

Unknown said...

Since I can't have The Lady Vanishes, I will contribute about Night Train To Munich.

Terence Towles Canote said...

Peter, what is your blog URL?

Gill, I'll have to think of a topic!

Unknown said...

Great idea for a blogathon! Would it be possible for me to do a write-up comparing The Lady Vanishes and Night Train to Munich? If not, I'd like to cover the latter film instead. My blog Cinema Cities can be found here: cinemacities.wordpress.com

Terence Towles Canote said...

Keisha, yes, it would be possible! I have you down for them.

Unknown said...

Hi Terry! I would like to do a post about A Lady Surrenders, aka Love Story.

Caftan Woman said...

I settled in tonight to rewatch "Cast a Dark Shadow" and my old VHS tape wouldn't play! I would like to switch my topic to "The Stars Look Down". I wouldn't like to, but I have to unless some sort of miracle occurs.

Terence Towles Canote said...

I've got it switched to The Star Looks Down! So sorry about your VHS tape!

Unknown said...

It's "I Say Old Man" http://www.chartersandcaldicott.co.uk/i-say-old-man.html

Unknown said...

I'll blog on http://www.chartersandcaldicott.co.uk/i-say-old-man.html

Terence Towles Canote said...

Peter, I got you added!

Amanda Garrett said...

I would like to review Bedelia for Old Hollywood Films, if nobody's taken that one yet.

Terence Towles Canote said...

Amanda, I have you down for it!

Caftan Woman said...

Posted this morning: http://www.caftanwoman.com/2016/09/the-margaret-lockwood-centennial.html

Realweegiemidget Reviews said...

Hi, hope all going well with your blogathon, here's my entry of The Slipper and the Rose as I promised, https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/2016/09/14/cinderella/

Gill from Realweegiemidget Reviews x

Amanda Garrett said...

My review of Bedelia for Old Hollywood Films is ready to go:

http://www.oldhollywoodfilms.com/2016/09/bedelia.html

Thanks for hosting!

Amanda Garrett said...

My review of Bedelia for Old Hollywood films is ready to go:

http://www.oldhollywoodfilms.com/2016/09/bedelia.html

Thanks for hosting!